This was an invented recipe that I made with what I had and it ended up being so amazing!!! Some of my best recipes are the ones that I make up with whatever ingredients I can get my hands on. Also, it's interesting to try out different spices and toppings. You'd be surprised what a crunchy or salty topping could do to transform some of the recipes you're feeling burnt out on.
1/2 cup quinoa
bundle of asparagus
black bean Hummus (lantana brand)
1 small tomato 🍅
2 pieces of fresh cilantro 🌿
1/4 cup green onion
4 chopped sun dried tomatoes 🍅
1 tbsp lemon pepper 🍋
1 tsp green curry coconut spice 🥥
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp salted pumpkin seeds 🎃
non dairy cheese (optional) 🧀
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp red pepper flakes 🌶
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms 🍄
1/2 avocado 🥑
Got all that?
1. Cook quinoa in rice cooker ( or on stove if you don’t have one but you should get one because it’s a life changer)
2. Hollow squash halves (save the guts)
3. Sprinkle your coriander, cheese, cilantro and a bit of salt onto the squash boat
4. Cut ends of asparagus off. Top with an oil of your choice, salt, lemon pepper.
5. Grill or bake your squash boats and asparagus on medium heat (350 degrees) for 25 minutes
6. Sauté green onion, cooked quinoa, squash guts in the same pan. Add in your green curry coconut spice, turmeric, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms. Don’t let this stick to the pan. Cook on medium heat until mixture is all sticking together, then turn to low heat.
7. Fill cooked squash boat with stuffing
8. Top with pumpkin seeds, additional nutritional yeast (optional), sliced avocado
9. Cut your tomato into pieces, stuff with black bean hummus AND drizzle black bean hummus over your squash boats. (optional but it added extra flavor to each bite as I ate my squash)
10. Take the time to plate your meal and enjoy!
Share your recipe on instagram!