It is about that time y'all! Spring is basically around the corner and one of my FAVORITE side dishes/ veggie to go with any entree, is ZUCCHINI and SQUASH!
This dish has been a staple in my monthly recipe rotation. I cook it at least 3-4 times a month and I honestly never get tired of it! The chicken turns out tender and juicy and all the herbs that this recipe calls for makes the zucchini and squash really stand out. On my meat days during the week I try to balance it out and don't go as carb heavy so having a full serving or two of veggies helps me feel full while not feeling like I am giving anything up in the processes. Especially since I love bread (I mean who doesn't?!).
Now off to the good stuff: Side not you can use dried herbs if its easier for you, but I like the way the fresh ones smell as they sauté in the butter *drool*
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
-1/4 cup freshly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
-1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs ( I prefer thighs, but depends on your preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
-2 medium sized zucchini (throw one sliced squash in there if you want a little variety)
1) In a medium sized skillet, over medium high heat, add butter until melted
2) Add garlic, oregano, rosemary and thyme and stir till garlic is fragrant. (2-3 mins).
3) Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes on each side OR till there is no more pink. You can also use a meat thermometer and check to see if internal temperature is 165 degrees.
4) Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
5) Add zucchini to the pan and salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken back to the pan for another 2-3 minutes.
Plate and serve
I really hope y'all like this one! Leave a comment below or give it a shout out and tag us in your best still shots after you make it! We'd love to hear what you have to say about the recipe and how it turned out for you!